Healthy eating plays a very important role in proper physical and mental growth of your child. It can stabilize childrenâ€™s energy, sharpen their minds, even their moodswings and prevents them from Obesity. It is only possible by promoting healthy eating habits in your kid. Here are some tips-
* First and very important. Be a role model and teach your kids to make balanced choices when eating out. If you eat healthy your kid will definitely do.
* Stock up your kitchen with healthy snacks, fresh fruits and vegetables instead of fried, salty and sugary snacks.
* Take your kids along for grocery shopping and encourage them to choose healthy snacks. This will help in changing their preference for healthy snacks over the unhealthy ones.
* Eating food cooked at home is healthier for the whole family and sets a great example for kids about the importance of food. Restaurant meals tend to have more fat, sugar, and salt. But there is no problem in dining out once in a while.
Let your children help you to cook. Kids usually enjoy helping prepare meals.
* Do not force your child to finish up their meals. Just limit their portion size.
* Help them in choosing healthy drinks like milk and milk products ,Fresh fruit juices over aerated and Fizzy drinks
* Include varieties and experiment with different food as they get bore soon with the same kind of diet
* Promote physical activity in your kids.